Tuesday 5 April 2022

MERI KUTAI

MERI KUTAIMandleshwar, is one of the finest place situated on bank of Narmadaji river. Wife of Mandan Mishra compelled Adishankaracharya to visit body of a woman to reply. This shatrath was taken place in Mandleshwar. Its name is also derived from great Vedic scholar Mandan Mishra.It was 60s when my family was living there. I swore by heart that after roaming around the world I can say on oath that world's best school is also in Mandleshwar. Its name is MGHSS, full form is Mahatma Gandhi Higher Secondary School. The school building is situated on a bit hilly land and River Narmada can be viewed from it.During that era there was no pipe system for supply of water so most of the people were reaching shore of the Narmadaji for bath, clothe wash and for drinking water. The morning time at ghat was so lively that world's finest beach will feel shy. Alongwith people, it was also interesting place to know various rumors in the society.Mr Rathore sir was a mathematics teacher for middle school. He was famous for his knowledge and also his unique style of punishing students. He was keeping tiny baby stones. Whenever he wanted, he used one of his collection by putting it on the ear lid and then squeezing it with his thumb. His terror was enough to ensure descipline in his as well in neighbour classes. I was lucky that he was never my class teacher.One day due to marriage season many a teachers were on leave. Number of students attending school on that day was also less. To cope up with the situation, principle decided to club classes to match number of classes with the teacher available. Our class was also merged with other class.So we all  reached to the class room, as directed. After few minutes of assembly our surprise teacher entered the class. It was the same Rathore sir. Looking to students of different grades, he informed that he is going to run the class differently. He put before us a brain teaser question. For us anything out of books was out of course. So we were sitting like a statue and nobody was moving. The question or say riddle was ' what is that thing which come one time in a year but two times in a week'. It was nearly a impossible question to answer. Most of us thought the teacher was gone made or it was some pretext to beat all.It was total pindrop silence. But miracle happen, and I raised my hand saying that it is letter 'e'. It was act of God, not mine. Probably Goddess Sarswati sat on my toung to speak out. The answer was right.Now Rathore sir turned into Mogambo and he was looking for some stick like weapon to punish the entire class, except me. He came near to me and petted on my back with few good words. Then he looked at my belongings on the desk. He picked scale or foot. It was a wooden piece to measure length. It was 12 inch long and a 3/4 inch wide. He started beating other students starting from beginning one after one. After beating 5/6 students the scale broke into two pieces.  The broken piece in his hand sparked his anger. Till then he was enjoying beating like something normal but the broken scale had snatched from him his normal fun. So he rushed upto my desk with that broken piece in his hand like trishul and attacked me. He beat me without boundaries,  repeatedly with that broken piece, alleging me how poor quality scale, I was keeping.Recently I paid Rs 4000 for my complete body checkup, but Rathore sir did it for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment